Mount Union Football Camps

Facilities / Directions

 

Mount Union Stadium

The home of the Purple Raider football, men's and women's soccer along with track and field teams, Mount Union Stadium was built in 1913 and is the oldest college football stadium in the state of Ohio.

Parts of the covered stands on the west side and the ticket booths on the south side of the stadium still date back to that year.  The eastside of the stadium was added in 1927.

A remodel project was completed in 2002 that included an addition and redo of the roof to the covered stands, additional restroom facilities, a new press box, scoreboard and a sythentic grass turf field.

More recently, the NCAA regulation 400 meter track has been redone and most of the competition equipment was updated as Mount Union hosted the 2010 Ohio Athletic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships.

In 2011, a state-of-the-art FieldTurf synthetic playing surface was added.

In 2013 a project was completed that remade the press box into the Dom Capers Press Box and the Ron Walter Locker Rooms were added.

 

Gullig Training Center

The Gulling Training Center opened in 2001 and is a comprehensive indoor practice facility for all of Mount Union's 23 athletic teams. 

The facility, which sits just behind the covered seats west of Mount Union Stadium, features weights, plyometric and complete physical training equipment along with 40-yard indoor turf surface used for conditioning programs.

Also included in the facility are office and meeting spaces for the football coaching staff. 

Grass practice fields sit just to the west of Gulling Training Center.

In 2013 a project was completed that remade the press box into the Dom Capers Press Box and the Ron Walter Locker Rooms were added.